We are intentional about proclaiming the good news, or "Gospel" of Jesus Christ and we support our youth who boldly do the same by not only their words but in their actions. The Light Scholarship began as a means to support Clergy children because they see firsthand the challenges of parish life and how their parent is called to be a shepherd of many.
The scholarship is typically awarded under the following criteria:
1. Must be a Child of a Clergy member;
2. Preferably Episcopal or Anglican with "Orthodox" and traditional values.
3. Must attend a Christian College;
4. Must provide a written senior address to their Church around HS graduation;
5. Must apply before Fall semester; renewals based on GPA, Church attendance and Community Service
Applications received only between this time:
April 1 - August 1st, prior to Fall semester.
The award amount amounts vary each year.
"Go forth in the name of Christ"
The BWXP "Light" Staff